[Wapt] Template tis-adobereader in another language than French?

Hubert TOUVET htouvet at tranquil.it
Wed Mar 14 17:32:37 CET 2018

You have to create your own packages using ours as a template.
Just replace adobe binaries in it.

* If you are with Wapt < 1.5.1.21, you can :
- create one package for each language (package name must be different)
and apply the right package to host depending on the machine locale.
- or create one single (biggest) package with all needed binaries in it,
and include a test in install() to run the install if the right binary.

from setuphelpers import *

# there an implicit contextual variable named "language" which get a 2
letters lowercase locale code 'fr', or 'en' or 'de' or ..
def install():
     print(*language*)
     if language == 'en':
         binary_name = 'my_installer_adobe_*en*.msi'
     elif language == 'de':
         binary_name = 'my_installer_adobe_*de*.msi'
     elif language == 'no':
         binary_name = 'my_installer_adobe_*no*.msi'
     else:
         error('Language %s is not available' % *language*)

     install_msi_if_needed(binary_name)

* With wapt >= 1.5.1.21 you can create one package for each locale with
same name (for example lav-adobereader) but with diffrent 'locale'
attribute.
When updating available packages, Wapt agent will take in account only
packages with locale either 'all' (or empty) or matching machine 2
letters locale.
So each package has only the localized binary (smaller) and you don't
have to manually choose the right package depending of machine locale.

Hubert